Sunday, March 1, 2009

Project 365 ~ Day 56 (February 25, 2009)

The kids and I saw 'Coraline' a few days ago. It is directed by Tim Burton's "Nightmare Before Christmas". The movie is based on a 2002 fantasy/horror novella written by Neil Gaiman. I believe that Peyton (my 15 yo) enjoyed the movie to an extent, but my 10 yo son thought it was scary in parts, especially when Coraline's "other mother" wants to sew buttons over Coraline's eyes. She escapes but not without severing the hand of her "other mother" which comes to haunt her by trying to steal the key to the hidden door and allowing the "other mother" to visit. After Coraline has escaped, she finds that her real parents are missing. Hence, there are some scenes that are terrifying to young children. I would recommend the movie for those over the age of 11 at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment