Monday, February 23, 2009

Project 365 ~ Day 40 (February 9, 2009)

Wow! I had better get busy with my blog so that by the time the new month comes along, I am caught up! This weekend has been a nightmare! Peyton decided to skip classes at school, for the first time ever, and got caught doing so. Her punishment? A three-day suspension. I agree that she should receive discipline for skipping classes. What behooved her to do so? The fact that a close friend of her's was moved to another state without warning due to problems in her friend's home, and the students making fun of the girl and also of Peyton because she's the girl's friend. Peyton feels as though the teachers allow the students in their classrooms to be "rude" as she puts it. Peyton befriends anyone that is an "underdog" because Peyton has compassion for people. She sees their hearts instead of their outward appearances. I can identify with so much of that and I hope that she has learned that from me, although I have oftentimes gotten away from that and I sometimes get caught up in the cliques and the way of thinking that certain people just aren't "good enough" to befriend. I pray that God forgives me for taking my eyes off of him and putting my sights elsewhere from time to time. Thank you, Peyton, for reminding me of compassion!

No comments:

Post a Comment