Monday, February 23, 2009

Project 365 ~ Day 50 (February 19, 2009) Thursday

Today is the 50th day of the year. Not sure why I mentioned that! LOL On my mind today, however, is something sad. A dear lady that worked in the childcare department at our church passed away unexpectedly. She was only a couple or so years older than me! She had gotten pneumonia and finally ended up in the hospital a couple of weeks later. She died that weekend. Peyton worked with her on Monday nights and at other times at church. We didn't go to the funeral as it was during school hours and I thought it best that she remember Rachael the way she was and not what she looked like at the funeral home. The sad part though is that Peyton didn't get to say her good-byes to her at the viewing. We had wanted to go to that, but things happened that prevented us from doing so. I really regret not getting her there even though I physically couldn't. I will be touching base with Peyton and I will ask her how she feels about Rachael's passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment