Saturday, January 17, 2009

Project 365 ~ Day 16 (January 16, 2009)

Today I worry about my 15 year-old daughter's grades. She doesn't seem to have much motivation and gets angry when I talk to her about studying. Her grades have been slipping since the first grading period this year and I really think that she has given up on them! She is a freshman in high school and it is time for her to get serious since her semester grades and final year grade will go on her high school transcript that all colleges will see should she apply to them. She just finished up first semester exams this week. I know she has it in her to excel, as I have seen the results on her TAKS tests (even receiving commended on one of them last year). If her grades on these exams are not good, as I have talked to her about, I will be changing her to a different high school. There's one available for students that struggle with grades. It only has 6 to 7 students per teacher (per classroom!) and I have heard excellent results from it. Even the students that have attended the alternative school have "loved" the experience! The school that I am writing about does not have bad behavior students there; it is not that kind of alternative school. Peyton struggles with ADD and she just has too many distractions in the high school she is currently attending. It is over-crowded and very hectic. I've been praying for the answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment