Monday, January 12, 2009

Project 365 ~ Day 9 (January 9, 2009)

Today is Day 9 of my Project 365. Today I wish to write about how much I loved snow when growing up in the snow belt in Ohio! My mother would tell me that when she was growing up, the snow would be so deep that it would be packed to the top of the fence posts and she and her brothers and sisters could walk along the tops of the fence! When I was growing up, we had snow most of the winter, but not quite as deep as she had described. When my older children were growing up, we would get snow quite often but it seems that we are getting less and less accumulation of it. Even my younger children have known winters of very little snow. Where is it all going one may ask?! One assumption is that it has to do with the global warming. Another is that it goes in cycles, as do the hurricanes (supposedly). Even though we only lived 10 minutes (10 minutes!) from a ski resort, I was never allowed to snow ski. I now regret (resent?) not getting to try it and the older I get, the more timid (afraid) I get to even try! It doesn't help being afraid of heights, let me tell you. However, I have taken my younger children to the ski resort to snow tube (which they did not have when my older children were little) and they love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment