Friday, January 23, 2009

Project 365 ~ Day 22 (January 22, 2009)

Due to the timing of my last post, it was automatically generated as being Thursday's blog, but it was Wednesday's and today is Thursday's (although it is actually Friday and I am trying to catch up; make any sense? LOL)!
Thursday's prominent subject for me was my little boy's strong wish to bond with me, even scrapbooking with me. He's mentioned this before but we hadn't actually gotten around to doing any of it together nor had he had the opportunity to do any scrapbooking himself. (BTW, a good friend of his, Travis, has been scrapbooking with his older sister and mother for quite some time). And these boys are not "girly" boys in any sense of the word! Continuing: After I picked Hunter up from school in the afternoon, we headed to my favorite LSS ("local scrapbooking store") for a make & take. He grumped all the way there because he thought it would be boring! I proceeded to do the make & take once we there, and after watching me for a couple of minutes, he wanted to do one himself. I can honestly say that his turned out so much better than mine!! He asked me if I was going to buy the kit to go with it and I told him that I usually do and that we could share it. No, he wanted his OWN kit! Okay, this one time, son. After this, we share; okay? Okay! So after homework and dinner (yummy chicken alfredo with veggies in it), we set out to scrapbook. All I had to do was show him how to use my Tombow tape runner (after this he's using his own acid-free glue sticks to save on my tape! LOL) and I cut "his" kit down to an 8" x 8" size. I showed him how to follow the picture (that's the only thing that comes with these kits; no written instructions) to make the layout that the kit is designed to make. Walla! His turned out beautifully! He then proceeded to do a layout page for his dog, Charlie, who lives at his dad's house. He then did a third layout: his sister Peyton and him (Hunter) when they were 9 and 4. That photo is black & white and he chose the remaining paper (that was not used) from the kit and some embellishments (by his own choosing) to complete his layout. He just had me do the journaling and told me what to write. LOL By that time, it was his bedtime. I look forward to setting aside time in the near future for Peyton, Hunter and me to scrapbook together at our kitchen table. More quality family bonding time!

No comments:

Post a Comment