Friday, January 30, 2009

Project 365 ~ Day 28 (Weds., January 28, 2009)

Today I attended a new ladies' Bible study at my church, "When Wallfowers Dance" by Angela Thomas. It is about becoming a woman of righteous confidence. This is a six week study and here's a quote from the author's introductory page: "My dear friend, Most of my life I have felt like some sort of wallflower. In my awkward high school years, I was the textbook wallflower in glasses and braces (boy, does that sound familiar!). As time went by, the physical attributes of wallflower began to fade, but its spirit was never far away. In every little defeat or big disappointment, I'd retreat into the heartache of being unseen and unknown. (I can so identify with this)! ....As it turns out, the woman who retreats into the spirit of wallflower eventually becomes an un-woman. Empty. Numb. Barely present. Just breathing, smiling, and blending in to stay out of the way. ...I called God my Father and claimed Jesus as my Savior. ....Our God is a pursuing God. God dragged me out of the dark and into the light. He held me close and gave me safety. As I came to know deeper truths of His desire and passion for me, the most beautiful picture I could paint of His love was the picture of a wallflower being asked to dance. This study is about dancing --about not just living with God but spiritually maturing to dance in His arms. About responding, "Yes", when He chooses you and asks, "Would you like to?" I believe that answer requires total surrender to God's sovereign will and a complete trust in His tender love. The woman who is dancing with God is captivating. ....My dear friend, lift up your weary head. Look into the eyes of your Heavenly Father. When God is in the room, all of the wallflowers get to dance. (I absolutely love this)! Looking out from His arms, Angela (Thomas)
I hope to share more about this study at later dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment