Sunday, January 18, 2009

Project 365 ~ Day 19 (January 19, 2009)

This morning, I am looking at the five layouts and one paper craft (a Valentine mini-book) that I made yesterday at a three hour "Sunday Night Layouts" class that I took at my fav LSS ("Local Scrapbooking Store"). I am so pleased that I am finally beginning to learn new things and that I can see an improvement in my style. I have been scrapbooking since my youngest child was about 2 years old and he's 10 years old now. What I love about this area (the Clear Lake area of Houston) is that we have so very many specialty scrapbooking stores as well as the chain stores that carry scrapbooking merchandise (Michael's, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn Fabrics, etc.)! There are many cropping opportunities as well as classes that one can take. What a change from Ohio! Yes, I have scrapbooking friends there, but scrapbooking stores were a distance and not very convenient. Thank you, Kathy, for getting me started in scrapbooking! Kathy Pope is a dear friend of mine who also lives in Ohio. Other friends of mine there who also scrapbook include:
Linda, Virginia, Anita, Tara, Anne.....! I wish we could get together for a scrapbooking retreat; wouldn't that be fun, ladies?!!

BTW, our kids have school here today, even though it is Martin Luther King day! This is due to the fact that our kids had to miss twelve (12) days of school due to Hurricane Ike's tour of the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment